Check out my shop :]

Featured Post

Abrasion

Sometimes, an abrasion hurts the most. That thin film of skin scraped from the flesh. That stinging wound too shallow to trigger blood....

Friday, April 1, 2016

When I Went to a Poetry Reading Event, Prepared a Poem, and Was Too Gutless to Read in Front of an Audience

What the fuck is new, right?
This is the same, old bullshit about paranoia and anxiety attacks.
I bet anyone will be tired of reading about them.
Hell, I'm tired of writing about them.
But they hold me in a tight grip, and I'm too tired to fight them off.

So instead of taking advantage of the open mic and reading my poem, I recorded it in a video, hours after the event, in the safety of my room---where my friends, panic and doubt, are kept at bay.

I should have read my poem on that stage.
I should have. :/
Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment