Check out my shop :]

Featured Post

Abrasion

Sometimes, an abrasion hurts the most. That thin film of skin scraped from the flesh. That stinging wound too shallow to trigger blood....

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

On Alcohol~


Soju. It’s an evil, sneaky bastard. 
Okay. ~REWIND~
It was Friday. Our friend Toteng invited me and Tip for a “pahubog session” (it’s synonymous to let’s-get-drunk-bitches-session). We didn’t have enough money so we debated a lot as to where our rendezvous was. Finally we agreed to have it in our boarding house since they are not allowed to “get drunk” in their apartment. So it was settled. We went into a frenzy trying to turn our room into a habitable state - because we lived like animals. And don’t ever pull that yuck-you’re-disgusting-you’re-a-lady crap on me. Laziness is one of my most evident trait so~ PEACE OUT! hehe.
Anyway, we just finished our “room cleaning” when Toteng suggested that we drink soju instead. She and her friend Yggy picked us from our boarding house and we went to a Korean store in Mabolo TO DRINK SOJU.
It was Toteng’s treat. She was upset because she was trash talked by her boss. That was why she was so desperate to get drunk. hahaha. So we got three bottles of soju - one for Tip, one for me and (supposedly) one for Toteng. Turned out she shared her bottle to Yggy and she just drank like 1/4. hahaha ~ very smooth. Yggy warned us earlier that soju will usually take effect long after you’ve finished the drink. I should have listened intently. :/
Not only did I finish my one bottle, I also drank Tip’s remaining 1/8 soju - bottoms up! Now, I’ve always prided myself to have a strong alcohol resistance. I was not easily drunk —- but this one? Gawd, I was embarrassing! 
I drank the whole bottle feeling really good. But moments after that, my head began to swirl and my friends’ faces turned into silhouettes! I woke up the next day with a throbbing head and a twisted ankle. :’c
Turned out I also threw up twice - in Yggy’s car and on my bed. I slept on my own vomit! Gawd! So embarrassing!
I kept thinking, “Bemjo is right. Bemjo is right.” My friend Bemjo stopped drinking alcohol because she believe that it has nothing beneficial to offer to anyone. But then I realize —- What the hell. I just exhausted myself, that’s all. I will have to contol myself better next time. ;)
I’m rationalizing, I know. Hell, that’s who I am. I rationalize. I procrastinate. But I also live my life everyday - to the fullest. Tip might say I don’t have a healthy lifestyle but as long as I’m happy (with myself and my friends) I don’t give a damn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment