Check out my shop :]

Featured Post

Abrasion

Sometimes, an abrasion hurts the most. That thin film of skin scraped from the flesh. That stinging wound too shallow to trigger blood....

Friday, March 8, 2013

She Said the Moon Is for Writers

She said the moon has been created
For writers to gaze at
Alas! I have this box of a room
I can't see it from my window

I can't possess the magic then?
I can't be part of the fellowship?
I can't be enlightened
As the thousand others who can see?

Rizal was in prison
With bars and chains and guards
There was probably no moon there too
He probably felt alone too

But hey! He created a masterpiece
He created something that inspires
Even though there was (probably) no moon
To guide his unsteady quill

Perhaps I can be the same too
Or perhaps I can just cut a moon
And place it on my wall
I'll put tiny golden stars as well
I'll make it as bright as the evening sky

Yes . . . Yes . . .
I can do that
And I will stare at it always
Until I'm old and fat

Photo credit: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment